Armored core 4 teams

A specific PS3 game for 3 man team matches.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Loss by FORFEIT!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:20 pm

The FAA suffered it's first defeat yesterday at the hands of Omega Echelon. We did not lose due to being out skilled or out gunned (not to say that OE is not skilled or that they didnt bring enough firepower...does everyone on OE carry a canopus??) but because we were a man short. Kyuya and myself put up a hell of a fight but end the end were unsuccessful (hard to win when youve always got someone w/ a canopus on your 6) - didn't matter much as we were automatically DQ'ed when we showed up a man short. its hard to win a 3 on 2 match, especially when the terms are for a 3 on 3. Sollex, I realize that shit comes up but there is no good reason why you didn't let me know you wern't going to be able to play. I sent out messages and posted the shedule to the forum so dont tell me you didnt know. It only takes a minute to send a message. The fact that you didnt says alot about how much you respect the team and about your character. I sure as hell didnt rush home from my brother's house (and left a pretty good party) to play AC4 only to lose before I fired a single shot. Kyuya and I do not like losing, ESPECIALLY BY FORFEIT! If you've got better things to do or a better team to play with, then I EXPECT you to say something. Consider this your first and ONLY warning: DO NOT FAIL TO SHOW UP FOR SCHEDULED MATCHES WITHOUT notifying someone on the team. If you do so again, it will be the last time. All we ask is a little consideration
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chauve-souris

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 6:55 pm

You should have asked to OE if they would agreed on a 2v2. Pretty sure they would have accepted. Anyway its only pre-season.

View user profile
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 pm

Im aware of the season rules and that it was preseason. I didnt have to oppertunity to restate the terms w/ OE. My point is that I blew off partying with my bro and friends to be available for the match. When I commit to something, I follow through on it. I would have rather been @ my bro's partying but I made sure to be available for the SCHEDULED match. If my team mate cannot do the same then a simple "cant make it bro" would have sufficed. I expect my entire team to show up when scheduled, especially when he had a week to let me know he couldn't. I really dont like having my ass handed to me because the odds arent even and I could have been somewhere else having alot more fun. I dont mean to imply I had things that were more fun to do. I would have no complaints if my entire team had been present and we still lost - I dont mind losing and anyone here who knows me knows that. Its the principal of it. I lost by forfeit, and I could have been somewhere else having more fun than losing a match I couldnt win the moment we showed up...not cool. Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:47 pm

BTW - I know you were trying to help Chauve so sorry if I sounded rude in reply. Its frustrating, thats all. I know we all have other lives and stuff comes up. I'd be lying if I said I never miss a battle, but i've never failed to let my team mates know either. Its one thing to be unavailable and another to be a flake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonWalker4

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:22 pm

Sorry to intrude, but technically you won 4-2. Lag did lots of crazy things yesterday but it was fun while it lasted.

As for the Canopus.... well, let your eyes be the judge, it's much fun not to ruin the surprize. But to calm you down a bit, Exorcet and I are the Hi-laser users ( one canopus each ), the rest are shell and you happened to be double teamed by both of us one too many times.

Above all, looking forward to having friendly matches with everyone here, I'm no older a member than you guys.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:49 pm

Your not intruding at all Moonwalker. All are welcome in our forums. I wasn't raging on OE - your strategy and weapon choices were A-OK by me. just an observation on the canopus thing. And yes, it was surprising. one sec 35000 AP, next 12000 AP. serious shock factor, especailly in a 3 on 2 where your 6 is always exposed. Had me nervous, thats for sure! As for the win, i knew it was close but there was ALOT of lag on our side as well and we must have won 1 of the matches i lagged out of as I had the score 3-3 and figured we lost due to match terms because we ran out of time. Incidently...if any of the wins your counting came during a match when EXO was playing on our side(which i think happened at least once), they dont count as far as im concerned. I was directing my post at people who dont show up for their matches, definently not at a team that showed up on time, in force, with good strategy and skill, and was appearently gracious enough to count it as a voctory for FAA even though the rules could have allowed for a different outcome....I.E. : Omega Echelon. Bravo gentleman. -SK
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chauve-souris

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:52 pm

Rude? huh? Anyway, same happened to me last season with our 4th guy... *hugs all*

View user profile
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:27 pm

Just wanted to be sure my reply didnt seem rude...appearently it didnt. I know im being harsh and i should "relax" and for what it worth, i am relaxed, but i would be SERIOUSLY pissed if that happened in a ranked match. its the principal, pure and simple. people made plans and put stuff aside to play and cause 1 guy doesnt show up the other 2 could be screwed? he didnt even bother to call it off. thats whats rude. I'd rather not play at all then lose by forfiet. The only reason we didnt lose by forfiet was cause the other team has class.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
impervious
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:27 am

You know, this is really cool to see that you care about your team. A lot of ppl just forfeit/don't show, etc and don't tell me or their team mates or God as to why they didn't show. I was reading this post thinking yeah it did suck that sollex didn't show up and everything but i'm very delighted to see that you're not afraid to say something about this. So right on i couldn't agree more bro. Yeah i had exo-gen sit in with ya to even the teams just so for everyone who did show up, they could at least play and practice. Since this was a pre-sesason match the results aren't even getting posted, but again i totally agree that its a matter of principal. This is a great example though, so to everyone out there, i hope they read SK's post cause there is always plenty of time to tell either me, exo-gen, chauve, or your team mates that you can't make it and we can either reschedule the match or try setting up a 2 on 2. It's always not a bad idea to have more than 3 ppl on your team as well if possible. Too bad there's not enough peeps even in the whole AC4 community to throw extra ppl on teams everywhere. Anyhow, good luck again to all teams next week in the final pre-season matches, and once again, it's not a bad idea to exchange phone numbers or download yahoo messenger, etc. to communicate better.

Exo-Gen
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:06 am

well silent, what happens with you guys a sollex is up to you guys but remember you can have more then 3 guys on your team to feel free to get more ppl if you can, that will be more commited. I'm sure you can find some one. deiselnine is looking for a team. look for him the the general section. if he has not found a team allready perhaps you guys can pick him up. this way you not only can switch off if you feel one team combination may not be best for a particulare fight and if some one does not show up you have back up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SilentKnight77

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:23 pm

Im always interested in new blood EXO. Have him or anyone else thats looking for a team to join hit me up.

PSN: SilentKnight77
E-mail: Silent_Knight773@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Loss by FORFEIT!!!   

Back to top Go down

Loss by FORFEIT!!!
Page 1 of 1